Our award winning Community Engagement programme delivers a wide range of exciting opportunities and experiences for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to engage with the CSO and enjoy live orchestral music.
In 2018, we will present more than 100 Community Engagement activities to more than 20,000 people throughout the South Island, including:
- Lively interactive instrument demonstrations by ensembles of CSO musicians at pre, primary and high schools in and around Christchurch and throughout the South Island.
- The 2018 Secondary Schools Orchestra Festival, with support from CWSMTA
- The CSO's acclaimed Karawhiua! Let's Play! residency programme.
- CSO ensemble performances at retirement villages, libraries, and for community groups.
- Interactive, lively performances of Compose Yourself for primary school students, encouraging student participation.
- Working with inmates at local prisons on music projects.