Due to the current COVID-19 situation and the national lockdown, many of our Community Engagement activities have been postponed. However, we are currently looking at ways to engage with our community via digital platforms.
Below are a list of activities that have been changed due to the coronavirus.
|Upper Strings Masterclass||Now online, live, 1 April, 4-6pm|
|Music Trails||Please see our Concert Calendar|
|Beethoven's Big Birthday Bash||Now rescheduled to Sunday 30 August|
|Secondary Schools Orchestra Festival||Cancelled|
|Chamber Music Weekend||Postponed|
We are delighted to launch our online Community Engagement Programme. Please see below for more details about how you can take part and keep the music going.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our award winning Community Engagement programme delivers a wide range of exciting opportunities and experiences for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to engage with the CSO and enjoy live orchestral music.
In 2020, we will engage with more than 35,000 people through our Community Engagement activities, including:
- Lively interactive instrument demonstrations by ensembles of CSO musicians at pre, primary and high schools in and around Christchurch and throughout the South Island.
- The Beethoven's Big Birthday Bash festival
- The CSO's acclaimed Karawhiua! Let's Play! residency programme.
- CSO ensemble performances at retirement villages, libraries, and for community groups.
- Exhilarating performances of Tūmahana: Exchange Concerts in the Christchurch Town Hall for 4000 school students
- Working alongside Pathway Reintegration on projects inside local Corrections facilities.
- The Flourish Dementia Programme partnership with Dementia Canterbury.
- Conducting and composition workshops