Wednesday 18th March
Kia ora ,
The CSO places the health and safety of our audience, players and staff at the utmost importance and following the Government’s announcement regarding mass gatherings we have reviewed all our upcoming concerts and events.
We are endeavoring, wherever possible, to retain as much of our 2020 season as we possibly can. However, we have inevitably had to make the decision to cancel some of our concerts and events.
- Beethoven Banquet 9 May
- Lamb & Hayward Masterworks: Joyful Sound 29 August (please note that Mozart's Clarinet Concerto, which was due to be performed in this concert by David McGregor, will now be performed on 29 August in the Beethoven 250 concert)
- Lamb & Hayward Masterworks: French Fantasy 19 September
- CSO Presents: A Festive Christmas 19 December
- Lamb & Hayward Masterworks: Houstoun Plays Brahms, from 16 May to 3 October
- CSO Presents: Jurassic Park, from 6 June to 19 December
- Lamb & Hayward Masterworks: Beethoven 250, from 27 June to 29 August
- All three Studio Series concerts
- CSO Presents: Tūmahana: Exchange 8 August (Ticketed) & 10 August (Schools' concert)
- CSO Presents: Ōtautahi Proud 11 September
- CSO Presents: Last Night of the Proms 31 October
- Lamb & Hayward Masterworks: American Rhythm 7 November
We’re disappointed not to be able to continue with the full season, but we do hope you understand the circumstances during which this decision was made. As an orchestra, we rely on ticket sales and the prospect of cancelling multiple shows will affect everyone significantly.
We are monitoring the situation very carefully and if we need amend this again, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To all our ticket-holders, thank you so much for purchasing tickets for these events. We're disappointed not to be able to continue with some of them, but we do hope you understand the circumstances during which this decision was made. As an orchestra, we rely on ticket sales and the prospect of cancelling multiple events will affect everyone significantly. We will be getting in touch with people who have tickets to the cancelled concerts very shortly regarding refunds or donating the cost of your tickets back to the CSO as a tax-deductible donation.
In the meantime, if you are unable to attend a rescheduled concert to which you have tickets or have questions an would like to speak with someone at the CSO, please do let us know by emailing email@example.com or phoning 03 943 7791 and we can help with alternative arrangements.
This is a challenging time for everyone. Stay safe and we look forward to meeting again soon at a CSO event.
Gretchen La Roche